PCH Prestige Cruise Holdings Pre-Employment Medical
Suitable for Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises
About the PCH Cruise Pre-Employment Medical
The pre employment medical for a new Employee for PCH Prestige Cruise Holdings PLC (which includes Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises) is a very thorough examination and includes a range of (expensive) blood tests and a chest X-Ray. You should allow one and a half hours for the medical. The Doctor will go over and complete the history part of your form which you must bring with you and then undertake a thorough physical examination consisting of height, weight, urine, vision, and then examination of your respiratory, cardiovascular, abdominal, neurological and musculoskeletal systems. You will be asked to produce a urine specimen on site.
Please bring with you:
- Completed medical form obtained from your Employer
- Your passport or other photo ID
- Your glasses or contact lenses
- Copies of any significant hospital letters, abnormal smear results etc
- If you have any ongoing significant illnesses such as Diabetes, Heart problems, Depression it will be helpful if you could obtain a report from your GP to save further time after the medical.
Other tests required for the PCH Prestige Cruise Holdings Pre-Employment Medical
You will have blood tests taken which consist of:.
- Full Blood Count
- Hepatitis B Antigen
- Liver Function Tests
- HIV Test
- Urea and Electrolytes
- Lipid Profile
- Blood Glucose
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis C
- Hearing Test
- (Pregnancy test if needed)
Males will also require testicular examination
Females will require breast examination
Depending on the position applied for you may also need:
- HBA1C test if you have Diabetes (£29)
- ECG if you have hypertension or known heart problems or aged over 40 (£60)
- PSA Prostate Screen if you are male over 50 (£60)
- Stool microscopy for parasites and ova if you are applying for food handling (£39)
- Cervical Smear (essential to have one 2 years in date, please obtain a copy if you can) £50
Arrangements for Chest X-Ray for the PCH Prestige Cruise Holdings Pre-Employment Medical
(for all applicants)
All applicants are required to have a chest X-Ray and you will need to book and attend a local Radiology Clinic. (Or we can book this for you if you wish) This may be done just before or just after your Medical, or on another day. Please take the X-Ray component of your form, together with a passport photo and your passport with you when you attend for your X-Ray. You will need to pay the X-Ray clinic separately on the day for your X-Ray. The clinic will deliver your X-Ray to us for inclusion into your final report. Generally we send clients to The Brighton Nuffield Hospital but you may go anywhere if you wish.
After your PCH Prestige Cruise Holdings Pre-Employment Medical
Blood tests and X-Ray results are usually with us within a few days. Please allow 6 days for your medical to be finalised. This may then be collected or posted, and a scanned copy emailed to you. We will keep a scanned copy of your medical. If there are further reports to obtain from other Doctors, obviously the whole process will take longer and we urge you to contact your GP or specialist to obtain the appropriate letters of support as soon as possible.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT
DR.ASHOK KAPOOR GETWELL MEDICAL CENTER. DUBAI. 0504505865 WW.GETWELLUAE.COM