Off – Shore Medical assessments
GETWELL MEDICAL CENTER is authorised to do OGUK Medicals. Offshore medicals are carried out to ensure an individual is fit to work in an offshore oil and gas exploration and production environment and is fit to remain for long periods in a remote location with minimal health care access.
We have at GETWELL MEDICAL CENTER individually tailored medicals with additional checks can also be conducted. The medicals are conducted at the GETWELL MEDICAL CENTER. For large groups the medicals can be conducted on site.
Seafarer Medicals (Coast Guard)
Seafarer Medicals are the main medical fitness certification for those who work at sea. Our Marine and Coastguard Agency (MCA) approved doctor issues the certificate after a full medical has taken place.
Following are the tests for Seafarer medical.:
- Completion of Patient Health History Questionnaire
- Urinalysis – routine urine test with immediate result
- BMI – measurement of height, weight and calculation of Body Mass Index
- Near, Distance and Color Vision
- Pulse and Blood Pressure Measurement
- Lung Function Test (peak flow)
- Audiogram (hearing test)
- Consultation with an OGUK doctor